The term Edictal Citation and the process to follow when your spouse living in a foreign country can be overwhelming. Therefore we are here to assist you with the process.
Edictal Citation is used. Where the Defendant lives in another country. Therefore the Plaintiff must use a process called Edictal Citation. Hence, the Plaintiff must first approach the High Court or the Regional court by the way of an Edictal Citation Application.
This affords permission to a Plaintiff to serve the Divorce documents on a spouse in a foreign country. Therefore, personal service is required.
Firstly, it is important that the Court will require that the Plaintiff is domiciled in the Court’s jurisdictional area on the date that your Divorce Proceedings commence.
Secondly that you are usually resident in that area.
Further that you have been living there for not less than a period on one year immediately prior to that date.
A Summons in a Divorce must be served on the Defendant in person. Therefore, the Court needs to be satisfied that service will be done properly. Above all, by an official of the Court in a foreign country.
The process of Edictal Citation is therefore a procedure according to which a legal document. For example a Divorce Summons is served by a Sheriff (in some countries known as a “service processor” or a solicitor) in a different country.
Above all, if you have a residential or work address for the overseas spouse in the foreign country The Court will grant an order that the Summons may be served on him/her.
What is Edictal Citation
To Sum up, edictal citation involves communicating and corresponding with people in a foreign country, and the posting of documents overseas. After serving of the Summons in a foreign country. Subsequently, a spouse will have a month to defend the action.
As a result, if they ignore the Summons or, if they defend it, after reaching settlement of the financial terms. the matter may be set down for hearing on a date that has been pre-arranged with the Registrar of the High Court or the Central Divorce Court.
Edictal Citation – Attorney Assisted
In conclusion, to proceed with International Divorce you are going to need attorney assisted divorce. Most importantly, to assist you with the best way to proceed with your divorce when your spouse residing in a foreign country. Therefore, get your divorce finalise as soon as possible.
All – inclisive fee: R18.000,00 payable over 4 months
Edictal Citation Steps to follow:
- Complete the form below
- After completing the form we will forward quatation to you.
- You can accept or decline, you are under no obligation
- Pay the intitial fee of R8.000,00 to our Trust Bank Account, details is contained in our Mandate letter, you will also receive via email.
- We will then draft the applicable documentation and email it to you for signature.
- Return a scanned copy of the signed documents and the documents requested in our Mandate letter via email to email@example.com and we will send courier to collect originals from you.
- We will then issue the relevant court papers at court and commence with the process.
- The Balance of our fee is payable over 4 months.
Self - Help - DivorceDiy Divorce
- Drafting of Summons is included
- Drafting of Particulars of Claim is included
- Drafting of Deed of Settlement is included
- Family Advocate Affidavit is included
- Statistic Form is included
- Process to Follow is included
- Telephonic Advice is included
- Doing the administration is not included
- Representing you in court is not included
- Sheriff fee is not included
Attorney Assisted DivorceUncontested (Local in South Africa)
- Drafting of all court papers are included
- Consultation is included
- Divorce concluded in the High Court is included
- We do all the administration is included
- Concluding your divorce from start to finish is included
- Getting final decree of divorce is included
- Advocate fee of R1000.00 is not included
- Correspondent fee if any is not included
- Sheriff Cost of R250.00 is not included
International DivorceEdictal Citation
- Drafting of all Court papers are included
- Application Edictal Citation is included
- Deed of settlement is included
- Divorce process is included
- We do all the administation is included
- Concluding your divorce is included
- Getting final decree if divorce is included
- Advocate fee is not included
- Correspondent fee is any is not included
- Service in foreign country is not included
You can download form and forward to us or you can complete form online to proceed with International Divorce.