Service Of Summons
As a decree of divorce impacts on the status of a person, it is required that service of summons must be done personally. In appropriate instances the court may direct a form of substituted service for divorce papers.
A defendant is not permitted to waive service on the basis that he/she consents to a decree of divorce.
A presiding officer has the power in his/her discretion to dispense with any provision of the Rules in terms of Rule 1(3) at a pre-trial conference and give directions as to the procedure to be followed by the parties so as to dispose of the action in the most expeditious and least costly manner and allow an early set-down of the undefended action, after service of the summons.
This of course is on the premise that the defendant is aware that the matter is to be heard and consents thereto.
Any amendment sought in terms of Rule 55A to amend the prayers in a summons should preferably be served personally by the sheriff of the court unless the summons was served by way of substituted service or edictal citation.
We have three options available for you:
Self - Help - DivorceDiy Divorce
- Drafting of Summons is included
- Drafting of Particulars of Claim is included
- Drafting of Deed of Settlement is included
- Family Advocate Affidavit is included
- Statistic Form is included
- Process to Follow is included
- Telephonic Advice is included
- Doing the administration is not included
- Representing you in court is not included
- Sheriff fee is not included
Attorney Assisted DivorceUncontested (Local in South Africa)
- Drafting of all court papers are included
- Consultation is included
- Divorce concluded in the High Court is included
- We do all the administration is included
- Concluding your divorce from start to finish is included
- Getting final decree of divorce is included
- Advocate fee of R1000.00 is not included
- Correspondent fee if any is not included
- Sheriff Cost of R250.00 is not included
International DivorceEdictal Citation
- Drafting of all Court papers are included
- Application Edictal Citation is included
- Deed of settlement is included
- Divorce process is included
- We do all the administation is included
- Concluding your divorce is included
- Getting final decree if divorce is included
- Advocate fee is not included
- Correspondent fee is any is not included
- Service in foreign country is not included